Buena Vista, a Public Montessori School
Free the child's potential, and you will transform him into the world. ~ Maria Montessori
Buena Vista Elementary is a public Montessori school located on the west side of Colorado Springs just minutes from downtown.
As the premier public Montessori program in the Pikes Peak region, we empower students to seek knowledge, develop intrinsic motivation, accept responsibility, and respectful of self, other, and the environment, enabling each child to make his or her own unique contribution to our community and the world.
We provide an academically, socially, emotionally, and culturally rich learning environment through:
- Multiage groupings that foster peer learning and collaboration
- Uninterrupted blocks of work time that provide students the opportunity to develop concentration
- The use of hands-on manipulatives which take the child from concrete experiences to abstract knowledge
- Guided learning where students make choices within the learning environment
- Classrooms prepared to encourage independence, freedom within limits, and a sense of order
- An interdisciplinary curriculum where students apply knowledge to real-world experiences
- Individual and small-group lessons to ensure students are continually challenged and moving forward
- Questions that promotes critical and divergent thinking
- Lessons that inspire student engagement through hands-on inquiry.